Chatham-Kent Workforce Planning Board was created in June 2009 in order to meet a local need to support strategic workforce planning.
Mandate: The board's mandate is to plan, facilitate and advocate for local workforce development, which is defined as "the development, retention, and recruitment of a wide range of skilled workers to meet the current and future economic and social development needs of Chatham-Kent." The board works to identify immediate job needs and where the jobs of the future will be and then to ensure that the Chatham-Kent workforce is prepared meet these demands.
Chatham-Kent's Workforce is an innovative, diversified global partner priding itself on continuous improvement.
Sector leaders providing innovative, dynamic and integrated strategic direction for stakeholders to provide a globally competitive workforce.
Rural/Urban Work Ethic Inclusivity and Diversity Innovation Adaptive and Responsive.
CK Workforce Planning Board Members
Board members are community representatives who provide a strategic view on workforce trends across the community of Chatham-Kent . Members represent key sectors across the municipality of Chatham-Kent. Current board members are;
- Arts and Culture | Rachel Schwarz - Founder and Artistic Director of Brio Academy
- Banking/Financial | Tracey Walker - Chatham-Kent Chamber of Commerce/ Relationship Manager, CIBC Commercial Banking
- Community Services | Ralph Roels - Past Chair, Chatham-Kent Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Energy | JJ Davis - O&M Manager, Kruger Energy
- Education/Post-Secondary Training | Secretary/Treasurer, Mark Benoit - Chair of Academic Studies, St. Clair College
- Entrepreneurship/Tourism | Morena McDonald - Co-Chair, Owner, 519Events
- Health Care | Ron Coristine - Chair, Executive Director, Community Living Chatham-Kent
- Municipal Council | Darrin Canniff - Mayor, Chatham-Kent
2023 Board Meeting Dates
- February 9, 2023
- June 15, 2023 (AGM)
- September 14, 2023
- November 16, 2023
CK Workforce Planning Board